Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Japanese schools

I am a mother of 3 children, i have twins two girls and one boy.
My daughters now are in a governmental Japanese primary school ,grade 2.
They received their education in kinder garden also in japan.
1-About the primary schools in japan; about my case, Japanese people depends on the activities especially ORIGAMI; some colored papers they can make some shapes from them, all the kids like ORIGAMI, Japanese people are very good in making a lot of shapes, they also teach the kids how to make them. They have also every week one subject for making a new idea, like to make a bag a doll and the children should prepare all the materials to make the idea.
2-Japanese school has a curriculum and they have Japanese language, story, math, activity, music, sports.
3-They have everyday cleaning time after lunch time; they should clean the class after eating by groups, also during the lunch time there are groups for distributing the food to children.
4-they teach them also music, they have some books and they can read by themselves.
5-the children can share in any ceremony with his effort.
6-they can prepare the child to has self-confidence .
7-in kinder garden they can make activities only, no study.

Written by sister Shahira

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just come across with your writing as I'm doing a research in the area of Muslim children in Japanese school. I'm also grown up till Japanese highschool. As a muslim, I couldn't practice Islam due to my weakness of Iman but I do believe I've learnt lots of positive things from there and strengthened my iman afterward. It's nice to hear sharing a positive side of Japanese school. Thanks!

Hafida said...

Thanks, it nice to hear from a muslim who was attending the Japanese school.I think Japanese schools do not discriminate muslim children as in some countries and this is really a positive side.

Liana Uegaki said...

assalamualikum hi im planing to live in yokohama .. my future husband is a japanese . im have worried how to raise children as muslim in japan.. is there any guide lines for muslim family.. abiut school , canteen halal food.. islamic educations..etc,,thanks do mail me at lianafalisa@gmail.com

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum
i've read your writing. may i ask you a question. does japanese high school or middle school allows their students to wear hijab?

Anonymous said...

I do have the same question